To improve the lives of the estimated 50,000 community cats (stray, abandoned, or feral) living in north west Arkansas by providing low cost spay/neuter, TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) training and equipment, public education, and increased support and legal protection to colony caretakers, facilitating the humane management of community cats, ultimately decreasing their numbers in shelters and at large.
To have a community where no kittens are born wild, where no cat capable of living in a home is lacking one, and where no community cats go wanting for food, water, and appropriate care and concern.
WE WILL BE
- Offering advice, assistance, equipment, and spay/neuter resources for feral, stray and unowned cats. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to talk to someone, leave your phone number and a good time to call.
- Offering free trap rentals (deposit is necessary) and advice on how to use them to residents wishing to spay/neuter community cats.
- Educating the public about the plight of community cats, and the need to spay/neuter and microchip pets.
- Supporting cat colony caretakers and helping them gain the respect they so richly deserve for their difficult, thankless, expensive and compassionate work.
- Promoting the adoption of long term care taker based solutions regarding community cats.